How do you create an optimal brand experience? First, ask the following
- Will the experience impact all of the human senses: sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch?
- How will the experience make people feel?
- Will people want to linger with your brand’s products and services?
- Will people want to use the brand often? Will they want to return frequently (for applicable product/service categories)? Will they look forward to using the brand’s products and services again?
- Does your brand reinforce something about who your customers are?
- Does your brand have a strong “point of view”? Does it stand for something? Is it clear what it cares about?
- Is your brand exciting, soothing, exhilarating, fun, comforting, relaxing, stimulating, centering, calming, rejuvenating?
- Will your brand conjure up images in your customers’ minds? Will it evoke memories?
- Will your brand have the power to take people to “a different place”?
- Can it put them “in a different state of mind”? Will it have the power to change their mood?
- Will your brand make people feel as though they belong to something important or good or newsworthy?
Excerpted from Brand Aid, second edition, available here.