- Love/Affection/Physical and Emotional Connection
- Significance/Respect/Uniqueness/Feeling Special
- Contribution/Making a Difference
- Variety/Experience/Stimulation/Novelty/Satisfying Curiosity
Most people experience deficiencies in meeting one or more of these needs on a regular basis. Knowing this, marketers can target their brands' unique value propositions and marketing messages to address these needs.
Kintsugi is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery by mending the areas of breakage with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver, or platinum. As a philosophy, it treats breakage and repair as part of the history of an object, rather than something to disguise. As a marketer, consider your role to be that of delivering Kintsugi to your brand's customers, that is to help them to fill their perceived deficiencies or brokenness with your brand's "gold."
As an exercise, try to identify at least one brand that focuses on each of these core human needs.
As an example, here is my list:
- Certainty/Safety/Comfort/Control/Security - National Car Rental
- Love/Affection/Physical and Emotional Connection - Hallmark
- Significance/Respect/Uniqueness/Feeling Special - MINI Cooper
- Competence/Mastery - Footjoy
- Contribution/Making a Difference - Patagonia
- Variety/Experience/Stimulation/Novelty/Satisfying Curiosity - Dr. Pepper
- Independence/Freedom/Autonomy - Marlboro
These needs are fundamental and very powerful. Consider how your brand can promise the fulfillment of one or more of these needs.
The options are really precise. Entrepreneur can get the idea from these to open new business. For them, it is now available to use outsourcing company for the business. You need to keep more valuable data to you. Otherwise, Call Center Outsourcing company is giving the best and professional support.ReplyDelete
Marketing and branding is really important for a business. But at the beginning, it is hard to get enough attention. You can check out the philadelphia SEO agency who have enough and efficient man power to do your job accurately.ReplyDelete