- When building brands online, content is king. If your brand is not associated with continuous stream of useful or entertaining content, it will be taken far less seriously.
- The online medium invites feedback and engagement. Build this into your brand’s online experience.
- Visuals (including videos) are becoming increasingly important to any online brand experience.
- An important benefit of the online medium is that it makes it possible for your brand’s messages to go viral. There are specific strategies and tools to help you initiate and accelerate this viral process.
- As with any other brand activity, you must start by defining your target audiences.
- Furthermore, your brand must have a unique value proposition and you must be very clear about your brand’s promise.
Excerpted from chapter 11 (Online Brand Building), Brand Aid, second edition. This chapter focuses on the following online brand building dimensions:
- The brand website,
- the importance of content,
- the power of blogs,
- search engine optimization,
- online advertising,
- using social media,
- web analytics,
- e-mail marketing,
- online public relations,
- mobile apps,
- and QR codes.
© 2015 Brad VanAuken
You can purchase Brand Aid, second edition here.
Post a Comment