I have spent the past 35 years conducting research on behalf of brands. Over that period of time, I have conducted hundreds of studies. In this blog post, I thought I would outline the types of research that you can conduct and the things you can learn from that research. One of a researcher's most important roles is to select the right research methodology given the business and marketing objectives and the action standards.
- Though qualitative research - focus groups, mini-groups, depth interviews, online groups, etc. - you can better understand customer attitudes, beliefs, values, hopes, fears, concerns, needs, desires and perceptions of the category and your brand and competitive brands.
- Qualitative research may be conducted using asynchronous online bulletin boards.
- Through conjoint analysis you can create the optimal combination of product/service attributes/features that deliver the greatest perceived value.
- Price sensitivity research (projective) and price elasticity research (based on historical sales) can help you develop the optimal pricing strategy.
- Brand equity studies will help you measure brand awareness, preference, associations, personality, relevance, differentiation, accessibility, perceived value, emotional connection and loyalty.
- Brand positioning studies can help you identify the most powerful unique value proposition.
- Brand asset mapping can help you understand what a brand's associations and most important assets are.
- Brand extension research can help you understand into what new categories a brand could be most successfully extended.
- Brand emotional heat mapping research indicates the degree to which a large variety of emotions are associated with your brand.
- Attitude and usage studies will help you size and dimensionalize the market for your products.
- Customer segmentation studies can help you segment the market on a wide variety of demographic, geographic, psychographic, cohort, attitudinal, values, purchase behavior and usage behavior dimensions.
- Consumer purchase and use diaries can be used to monitor thoughts, behaviors and purchases over time to discern patterns. Diaries on smartphones are an emerging version of this research.
- In-store traffic pattern mapping including in-store heat mapping can help the the design of store layout and retail merchandising. It can also indicate with which categories, products and brands consumers spend the most time.
- Customer journey mapping is a process that helps you understand the entire customer decision making and purchasing process.
- Anthropological research takes many forms but basically approaches customer research using anthropological methodologies.
- This can include selfie photos and videos taken by the consumer herself.
- Retail shop-along interviews are another form of anthropological research.
- Environmental scanning and text mining scrape and analyze text from websites, collateral, ads, white papers and articles to identify patterns and content trends.
- Customer service testing helps you understand all of the dimensions of your customer service delivery and how it was perceived by the customer.
- Mystery shoppers help you experience the customer shopping experience first hand.
- Logo research can help you develop the most powerful logo with the greatest recognition and recall.
- Concept testing can help you understand how unique and compelling a concept is, whether it be a business, product, service or brand concept.
- Advertising can be tested in a variety of ways. You can conduct a pre and post test to measure differences in brand awareness and associations. You can compare the results of two different creative approaches in an A/B test.
- In online marketing, you can measure click through rates, cost per click and cost per thousand.
- With CRM systems, you can measure the ROI of different lead generation sources and different sales approaches.
- Perception Analyzer research allows you to view the results of quasi-quantitative research in real time while also being able to stop and ask qualitative questions of the respondents.
- Eye tracking research can help you design better ads.
- Using CT scanning and other medical technologies to measure human response to ads can make likes and dislikes very clear.
- Combining data mines with attitudinal research is very powerful.
- Social polling, one or two questions at a time, is a quick, easy and affordable way to get consumer feedback.
For more information on brand-related research, refer to the Brand Research chapter in Brand Aid, second edition, available here.
It was a nice blog and i really appreciate the effort that you have shown here in this blog. Digital marketing also helps to promote a business on a large scale. You can click here if you are looking for search engine optimization.ReplyDelete
I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.ReplyDelete
brand identity design company chennai
Customer service teams today are tasked to handle a large number of customer calls on a day-to-day basis. You can Improve AI like creating chatbot which can handle this situation easily.ReplyDelete
it was a great blog .I really appericiate your hard work.ReplyDelete
Building a small business website is important to inform your audience, explain your value proposition, boost brand recognition and drive sales. How to Start a WebsiteReplyDelete
Selling a business is a process that entails a lot than what most business owners think. And that’s where a broker comes in to help with the entire deal-flow. Learn more from https://trufortebusinessgroup.comReplyDelete
Just desire tto say your article is as surprising.ReplyDelete
The clarity in your post is simply excellent and i could
assume you’re an expert on this subject.
Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming
post. Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable work. 오피사이트
For all your research work, you need to do a series of surveys. But, there is a problem. Many people do not respond to dull survey sheets. You can try the quillforms.com to get an astonishing form to attract all your responders.ReplyDelete
Great Post. I love it.cosplay reviews.ReplyDelete
Sophisticated Velement acrylic letters mimic metal, and other commercial NY signs. Contact us for best acryllic office signs manufacturers in New York.ReplyDelete
Channel Letter storefront signs are probably the most popular way to bring attention. Contact Velement for best channel letter signs in NYReplyDelete