Today, I want to step back and think about marketing at a fundamental level. What are the key elements of a successful marketing campaign?
- Knowing who you are targeting
- Understanding their beliefs, values, attitudes, fears, anxieties, hopes, needs and desires - deep customer insight through marketing research
- Being very clear about the marketing objective(s) - What are you trying to accomplish? What attitudes or behaviors are you trying to encourage?
- Picking a brand message that is unique, believable and purchase motivating to the target audiences - brand positioning
- Building emotionality into the brand and the message
- Identifying the most effective and efficient ways to reach the target audiences - choosing the right mix of media and communication vehicles
- Building viral qualities into your communications
- Repeating the message often enough to finally register with the target audiences - frequency - generally people need to hear something seven to twelve times for it to "break through" to them
- Measuring the results of your efforts - Did they accomplish what you hoped they would accomplish? Did your marketing investment create a positive return on that investment?
Sponsored by Brand Aid, available here.
Post a Comment